The neti pot is an unmatched ‘go-to’ for those desperately seeking relief from nasal discomfort – or those simply wishing to incorporate a nasal cleanse into their daily health regime. This ancient Indian Ayurvedic cleanse has been practiced for centuries. It is easy to use and requires only 3 to 5 minutes of your time.
Benefits of the Neti Pot:
- Removes excess mucus … naturally
- Soothes dry nasal passages
- Gently washes away dust pollen & irritants
- Relieves symptoms associated with colds, flu, sinus infections and allergies
What You’ll Need:
- Neti pot
- Lukewarm water
- Himalayan Salt (non-iodized), 1/4 tsp
- Fill the neti pot with approximately ½ a cup of water. The water should be lukewarm, and can be poured into the pot directly from the tap. (Distilled water is recommended if the purity/safety of the tap water in your region is questionable).
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of the included Himalayan Crystal Salt to the water. Stir with a spoon to dissolve thoroughly.
- Lean your head forward over the basin, bending your neck down slightly.
- Gently place the spout of the neti pot inside your right nostril, forming a seal to avoid leakage.
- Open your mouth slightly, breathing continuously through the mouth during cleansing. This allows a necessary air passageway so that the water will not drain through the oropharynx (behind the nose) into your mouth. (We will not be breathing out of the nose for this process!)
- Tilt your head sideways, so that your right nostril is directly above your left nostril. Tip the neti pot, allowing the water solution to pour into your right nostril. Within a few seconds the water will have traveled up through the right nostril, through the nasal path, and out the left.
- Rest here with your head tilted until the pot is empty. Once complete, remove the spout from your right nostril, and exhale through both nostrils.
- You will notice that congestion has be drained and loosened; gently blow your nose into a tissue. You may also notice improved breathing, smell and taste.
- Repeat steps the above steps for your left nostril.
- Thoroughly clean your Neti Pot after each use. Periodically place it in your dishwasher for a thorough sanitizing. Just as a toothbrush, do not share your neti pot with anyone else, as it is a personal hygiene product.
- You may wish to use only half the amount of recommended salt the first few times you use your neti pot until you become more accustomed to the process.
- Applying a thin layer of petroleum jelly on the inside of both nostrils before the treatment helps sooth sensitive skin.
- If you experience any discomfort please discontinue using your neti pot and consult your doctor or other health care provider.
Neti Pot Salt
(200 g bag)
Non Iodized Lumière de Sel® Himalayan Crystal Salt for use with the Neti Pot. Natural, unrefined, and ground finely to quickly dissolve in water.