Sliced Tigernuts are an excellent nut alternative and are extremely high in fibre (41%!). Use them to decorate the tops of cakes and cookies as a nut-free alternative to sliced almonds. Add Sliced Tigernuts to muffins or your cereal and yogourt for natural sweetness and a morning fibre boost!
Tigernuts are small tubers, not actual nuts – an important fact for those with allergies. Tigernuts are the fruit of a grass (Cyperus Esculentes). Its root tubers are distinguished by an unusually high proportion of fibre and a delicious taste.
Benefits of our Certified Organic Tigernuts:
- Nature’s richest source of FIBRE
- Curbs the appetite (due to high fibre content)
- Rich in phosphorous, potassium and Vitamin E and C
- Positive effect on cholesterol levels due to high Vitamin E content
- Gluten Free and naturally sweet tasting
- Suitable for diabetics
- Suitable nut alternative
- Helps to maintain a healthy colon
- Supports the heart and activates blood circulation
- Regenerating food for the nervous system
- Performance-enhancing as a high source of energy for work, school and exercise
- Valuable source of easily digested protein, carbohydrates and essential iron
- Provides high quality fats, with a particularly high oleic acid content
Enjoy as a healthy snack or with food.
- Usually eaten raw, mixed in muesli, yogurt, or as a nut substitute
- Beneficial when mixed with baby and children’s food for healthy growth
- Powdered form can be blended into morning smoothies
- 2 tsp recommended daily for full advantage of benefits
*This product is RAW: Refrigerate after opening
Ecoideas Tigernuts are available in: Sliced, Whole, Stone Ground, and Skinned.