What is it?
Ecoideas® Stain Removing Salt is made of sodium percarbonate, a non-polluting cleaning agent free of chlorine and phosphates, that breaks down into sodium carbonate in your wash water. It is an ecological, environmentally safe alternative, for doing laundry. Sodium percarbonate becomes active at 40º C temperatures and enhances the action of soapnuts without altering fabrics or colours. For a completely environmentally responsible way to wash your clothes, use in combination with Himalayan Soapnuts™.
Why Ecoideas® Stain Removing Salt is the Smarter Choice
- Does not weaken the strength of fabrics like chlorine bleach
- No environmental hazards – breaks down to oxygen, water and sodium carbonate (soda ash) in your wash water
- Colour safe: Brightens colours
- Continual use will not cause yellowing or graying of cotton or other fabric
- Effective stain removal in a broad range of water temperatures
- Effective as a laundry presoak for heavily stained articles
Stain Removing Salt is effective for removing stains, deodorizing and whitening laundry.
- Lightly soiled articles: add 1ounce of Stain Removing Salt per load with your laundry detergent.
- For moderately soiled articles use 2 ounces of Stain Removing Salt per load with your laundry detergent.
- Heavily soiled articles: use 4 ounces of Stain Removing Salt, presoak in hot water for at least 30 minutes, or overnight, then complete wash cycle.
- To whiten and deodorize diapers or to remove stains from cloth menstrual pads add 4-6 ounces of Stain Removing Salt into the soak cycle. Soak in hot water for at least 30 minutes, or overnight, then complete wash cycle.
- For whitening old linens and yellowed window shears, deodorizing and cleaning tennis shoes, or to get rid of yellow armpit stains on shirts: soak in 2 ounces of Stain Removing Salt per gallon of water for at least one hour, or overnight, then rinse.
Caution: Do not swallow. Can cause skin or eye irritation. In case of contact with the eyes rinse abundantly and consult a doctor. Keep in a dry area. Keep out of the reach of children.