- 100% pure, unrefined, free of contaminants
- RAW – oil extracted using “Rapid Enhanced Chill Phase” process
- Maximum concentration of Medium Chain Fatty Acids
- Highest concentration of antioxidants
- Improves digestion, nutrient absorption, weight loss
- Antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral
- Guaranteed long shelf life
- Certified organic
- Fair trade
The Truth About Fats
Since the 1960s, coconut oil has been mistakenly described as unhealthy. The media reported on studies finding that tropical coconut oils were laden with artery-clogging fats. What went unreported was the fact that the coconut oil used in the studies was hydrogenated—not the virgin oil used for centuries as a staple food. Coconut oil contains Medium Chain Fatty Acids. MCT from coconut oil is used in hospital formulas to feed the very young, the critically ill, and those who have digestive problems. It makes up a vital part of the solutions fed to patients intravenously.
Coconut oil is about 50 percent lauric acid, a rare medium-chain fatty acid found in mother’s milk that supports healthy metabolism and is now being studied for its anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial health-protecting properties. Overall, coconut oil contains 92% saturated fats, and only 1% Omega-6, the fat Americans get way too much of. In fact, these MCFAs speed up the metabolism because they are quickly converted to energy by the body, resulting in the loss of excess weight.
Did you know…
- Coconut oil is solid at room temperature, and can be spread like a butter. At 24°C (76°F), it melts to a crystal clear liquid. No refrigeration required.
- Coconut oil can also be used as a skin moisturizer.